News

City win record 15th successive Premier League game  :  Next game Saturday  16th December   Spurs (H)   5.30 PM 

Topic: Welcome : Please introduce yourself  (Read 4328 times)

Offline Moon

Welcome : Please introduce yourself
« on: July 05, 2016, 09:56:26 PM »
Welcome to all members  new and old

Love to know  people's first  game watching City

Mine was in  November 75  at Maine Road  watching City  beat  Birmingham  2-0  with 2 Colin Bell  goals

Sadly he was injured v the  rags  in  the next game

CiTyBlUe

Re: Welcome : Please introduce yourself
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 11:48:52 PM »
Novenber 75, hmmmm Month and Year I was born, 25th to be exact.

First Game I can't possibly recall as have a poor memory but I knew I was a City fan from an early age, I'm what you could call an odd one  ;D

Late Dad was both a City and United fan in his youth, a Mancunian of course, but defected to United like other Mancunians back in the day, my Mum a Scouser and Liverpool fan but recently gained a fundness for Portsmouth FC seeing as she chaperones two patients to home games. Yes I'm in Portsmouth although were raised here and Longsight, Manchester.  You could say City chose me, in School I never watched football until I was about 16, partly down to the fact we were rarely ever on TV anyway. Bed early anyway and Dad had control of the doofa. Oh the days of listening too the footy on my little Radio and that guy on TV reading the final scores out, oh and Teletext.. I played Footy in School and after School of course but, it wasn't until a friend introduced me to Subbutteo at aged 13 that I got thinking. Had to wait a month until I had enough cash for my own team, so I used my friends Luton Town in black and white until I could buy my own.

Got to my local news agents after School one day and looked through the team he had in stock, all the usual teams sigh aka the Rags, Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle, Arsenal  and even Portsmouth, "What team you after son" he said, then it hit me out of nowhere, "Manchester City" I said. He said give me two weeks and I'll have it in for you, so another two weeks of Luton Town it was lol. Why Pompey? Because my Dad was in the Royal Navy and Pompey was once Britain's biggest Naval Base, not no more though, now it's Student City. Manchester has always been my home, my Aunt and cousins are Season Card holders. So ever since the age of 13 I've supported City and only City.

Fave players were White, Quinn, Rosler, Goater, Kinkladze, Wanchope, Dickov, Horlock

I'm a Manchester City Blogger and have been for 16 years.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 12:05:26 AM by CiTyBlUe »

Offline Moon

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 06:26:01 AM »
I know my grandad used to watch both City and United but City were his number one team

CiTyBlUe

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 08:34:27 AM »
I know my grandad used to watch both City and United but City were his number one team

Most were City fans seeing as Manchester City was the first official club to represent Manchester, they just supported United too because they were doing well. Wasn't until city hit hard times that some gave up on City, but I restored the line  ;D My 4 year old son is a City fan until he's old enough to decide himself  ;D Born in 2012, a Good year for a City fan.

CiTyBlUe

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 09:11:03 AM »
Come on don't be shy, we don't care what you're from or located  ;D

Offline TGR

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 03:33:27 PM »
First game:
City v Newcastle 1967 (I think) as an 8yo watching the game stood up on the railings at the very back of the Kippax.
I think it was 2-2.

CiTyBlUe

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 03:49:36 PM »
First game:
City v Newcastle 1967 (I think) as an 8yo watching the game stood up on the railings at the very back of the Kippax.
I think it was 2-2.

Welcome

Offline Moon

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 05:02:07 PM »
First game:
I think it was 2-2.

Welcome 
Do  you  remember  the  League  clinching  game at  Newcastle?
I was  2  so   only  know it from  tv clips
Not  live  on telly  in them  days though 

Offline Pk_mo

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 05:44:18 PM »
Hello blues
I am known to rozzi, kippaxkid, steff and blue Turner

Offline Chippy_Tea

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 06:15:16 PM »
Welcome to the forum TGR & Pk_mo.

CiTyBlUe

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 11:17:05 PM »
Welcome

marpjckmen

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 08:02:50 AM »
too great. :)

Offline Chippy_Tea

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 03:06:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum marpjckmen.

Offline Mojoporter

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 11:02:39 AM »
I went to Maine Road first time as an 8 year old in 1980. City lost but I was transfixed. I loved the atmosphere and Maine Road, the walk up to the ground. I thought Paul Power looked like a gun slinger (I was a kid).
I'm from Preston so had no real business with City. But City was the place that made the hair stand up on the back of my neck on match day.
I continued to go to the games right up until the final season at Maine Road. I was living in London for 3 years, which curtailed it. I had huge misgivings when the money came in and I've been watching from afar since- not the real City etc..... I'll come back to that in a minute.
Highlights were not as great as a lot of other clubs and we knew how to do despair and demonstrate outside the Main Stand!
I loved watching Horton's free flowing attacking style, Beagrie, Walsh, Rosler, Buzzer Jr- when he could be arsed.
I've come full circle the last year. My Preston accent doesn't sound as foreign as it used to, ironically, one of my gripes about modern City 😂. The character has undoubtedly changed but I've finally accepted it.
"We're ruining football and we don't care!" Is original City humour intact. It was always City's uniqueness that I hoped would never leave when the money came.
But we've earned that success. From believing that Frank Clark was a good appointment (how wrong I was), to being exhilarated by Keegan's attack, exasperated by Pearce's lack of scoring, to seeing Paul Walsh sent back to Portsmouth with 750k(!) for Gerry Creaney!!!!
Signings like Ged Brennan, Bradbury... Rare skill in the darkness from the likes of Tiatto and Cooke.

Real City fans know who Bernard Halford is and City have earned it!!!! 😂😂😂 I'm not referring to the youngsters there btw.

Offline Moon

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 01:47:21 PM »
Welcome Mojo
I met Bernard at City
 when I was collecting a shirt for a charity night a few years ago and he was held in high regard by all the City staff .
We have a PNE  fan at work from Manchester :)
When I started watching City we had lots of mainly British internationals like Watson Bell Hartford Tueart  Royle etc
Who were placed by the likes of Stewart Lee Shinton Sugre and Silkman
I went to a school reunion last week and the Blues amongst us said we wouldn't have believed when we left in 82 that it would be nearly 30 years before we won a major trophy but glad to know so many stood by the club when we were shit but still enjoying the days out