News

City win 3-0 at Southampton :  Next game  Sunday 23/04/2017    15:00    Arsenal at Wembley  Live  on  BT

Poll

Which Theme would you like as the site default?

Current Theme ( Pic 1)
4 (57.1%)
Old Theme ( Pic 2 )
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: August 07, 2016, 03:50:49 PM

Topic: Bluewatch MCFC Site Theme Please Vote  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Moon

Bluewatch MCFC Site Theme Please Vote
« on: July 31, 2016, 03:50:49 PM »
We would  like  some  feed back on what you think of the new theme default settings

Do you  prefer  the  new  theme  (1st picture  )  or  the  old  theme  (2nd picture)

Please  can as many members as possible  vote  so  we  can  set  to the  most popular.

If  we do revert to the old theme  those that want to keep the  new theme can still change their  own profile to keep it.

Thanks

Moon.
Picture 1 ( Current)

Picture 2 ( Old)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 05:01:29 PM by Moon »

Offline Troutman

Re: Bluewatch MCFC Site Theme Please Vote
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 06:33:45 PM »
1st picture for me

Offline Chippy_Tea

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 07:21:26 PM »
I voted picture 2, you missed the forum title off your version, mine looks like this -

I am not keen on the badge on the left (picture 1) it looks like a picture that is out of focus.

As we can choose the forum skin does it matter which we prefer or is the intention to make all skins have the most popular theme from this poll?

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:25:23 PM by Chippy_Tea »

CiTyBlUe

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 12:26:48 PM »
I voted picture 2, you missed the forum title off your version, mine looks like this -

I am not keen on the badge on the left (picture 1) it looks like a picture that is out of focus.

As we can choose the forum skin does it matter which we prefer or is the intention to make all skins have the most popular theme from this poll?

So if I attempted too say bring the badge into focus, this would encourage you to vote 1?  The reason the vote's being held is down to Troutman's preference to the old standard default forum theme. I did allow for everyone to swap back to the old theme but I don't think Troutman understands my instructions on how to swap back to the old theme.

On the faded badge issue, that was the only badge that survived the end of the old forum so it was all I had to work with, if however Moon would like me too, I'll create a new version of the Bluewatch Badge.  8)

I haven't voted as I was the one who painstakingly spent 3 days creating and trouble shooting the new theme however, I'd rather not vote as my vote would be bias anyway.

If everyone wants the forum back to the old theme then I say go ahead  8) I'll just go into my profile and simply set it to the new theme  ;D
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:29:45 PM by CiTyBlUe »

Offline skipper

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 01:22:32 PM »
What he said...

Offline Chippy_Tea

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 04:37:36 PM »
I think i misunderstood the question in the OP, i thought you were referring to the heading of both themes not the actual theme itself, i prefer the original (first picture below) so i would vote it as the default theme.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 04:43:32 PM by Chippy_Tea »

CiTyBlUe

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 09:20:29 PM »
Either way, whether or not everyone chooses the old theme or not, I'm currently creating a new Bluewatch badge based on the old one.

Offline Chippy_Tea

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2016, 06:13:02 AM »
Can you add the new badge to the old theme?

CiTyBlUe

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2016, 09:51:38 AM »
Can you add the new badge to the old theme?

I've added the new badge to the new theme, i'll add the new badge to te old theme later tonight.

Clear your browser history tomorrow on 07/08/2016 and you will see it.

Offline Chippy_Tea

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 01:03:12 PM »
Thanks.

If members want to compare themes click Profile, account settings, modify profile, look and layout, at the top you will see - Current Theme: SMF Default Theme - Curve (change) click the word change and you will then see then options.

CiTyBlUe

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 10:54:03 AM »
There's no way to add the new badge to the old theme unless you add it to the news feed, if I do that then the badge will be resized small by the news feed parameters.

The old theme is just the basic bog standard board theme, it allows for very little visual altering.

It is extremely easy to just change your preference in your profile, the new theme is with the times and if the forum is to attract new members then it needs to cater for those new members, the fact you can choose in your profiles is a compromise.

NEW THEME OFFERS

A Clean and Uncluttered Forum face

Auto Embed of YOUTUBE and VIMEO links

Attractive colors in Manchester City colors as opposed to dull grey's and blue's.

Allows you to attach multiple images by uploading them to your post.

JUST INSTALLED BY ME FOR NEW THEME

You can now add your Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, My Space, GitHub, VK, Spring, FQuick to add quick links in your profile.

Auto Embed of Twitter Tweets
Auto Embed of Facebook Posts
Embed Instagram
Embed Tumblr
Embed Vine Video
Embed XBox Video
Embed ESPN Video
Embed Soundcloud

New Badge added to new Theme banner. As shown below

« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 11:43:37 AM by CiTyBlUe »

Offline Chippy_Tea

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 12:59:56 PM »
The old theme is just the basic bog standard board theme, it allows for very little visual altering.

I think the problem with the new theme is that it is too big and in your face, i tried to make it smaller using Ctrl and scroll but the problem was the banner shrunk but the rest of the forum stayed the same, could we have the option for a smaller version like think broadbands forum below? (the black background is the full screen)

CiTyBlUe

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 05:59:47 PM »
The problem with that is I can't make that happen unfortunately, this theme is RESPONSIVE which means it auto adapts to what ever screen size you are viewing it on. pc, laptop, tablet or phone.

The only way to solve your size issue is to completely chance the theme to one that suits you or to revert back to the old (boring in my opinion) theme. You can do this quite easily in your profile.

The other alternative is you find an 'SMF 2.0' compatible theme you like and I'll install it so you can personally go into your profile and set it as your own default theme.

CiTyBlUe

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2016, 09:31:43 PM »
Under the new theme members should now be able to register on the forum using the following login details:

Facebook
Twitter
Yahoo
Google
Windows live
Youtube

This new theme's default browser resolution is 75%

« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 08:34:42 PM by CiTyBlUe »

CiTyBlUe

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 09:07:03 AM »
Added a LIKE button to forum posts, like stats will be shown below your avatar beside your posts and in your profile

So to date thats:

New members login with Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Wordpress, Reddit, Google, Instagram, Linkedin, Blogger, Windows live

Auto Embed of YOUTUBE and VIMEO
Auto Embed of Twitter Tweets
Auto Embed of Facebook Posts
Embed Instagram
Embed Tumblr
Embed Vine Video
Embed XBox Video
Embed ESPN Video
Embed Soundcloud

Can now upload multiple images to posts
a new badge added too the banner
a like button