News

City start the season with a 2-0 win at Brighton. :  Next game  Everton (H) Monday 21st August. 20.00

Topic: R.I.P - Rick Parfitt  (Read 319 times)

Offline Chippy_Tea

R.I.P - Rick Parfitt
« on: December 24, 2016, 03:21:27 PM »
BBC News - Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt has died in hospital in Spain, his manager says.

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly.

Offline Moon

Re: R.I.P - Rick Parfitt
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 03:32:22 PM »
What a year for deaths

Offline Chippy_Tea

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 03:45:39 PM »
I posted this in the snug (general chat/off topic) at THBF earlier -

I remember he had a heart attack but i thought it was years ago, i have just found this from  28 Oct 2016.

Status Quo rocker Rick Parfitt has quit touring with the band after a career spanning nearly 50 years.

The 68-year-old ‘died’ for several minutes after suffering a huge heart attack in Turkey in June, and it’s now been confirmed that he has stopped touring on health grounds.

The Rocking All Over The World guitarist will be replaced by Ritchie Malone for the band’s current arena tour.

In an statement, the band said: ‘Status Quo today confirm that Rick Parfitt will indeed, as previously reported, step back from his regular touring commitments with the band.  This is for reasons of health, following his recent heart attack.

‘Status Quo would, however, like to make it completely clear that "contrary to some inaccurate reports this week" Rick’s connection with and within the band of course remains intact and that he will continue to be involved with future non-touring commercial activities of the band.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/28/rick-parfitt-quits-status-quo-after-50-years-following-heart-attack-6220166/#ixzz4TlmERZNS

Offline Chippy_Tea

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 04:28:46 PM »
So his heart was fine but a visit to the hospital finished him :o

He died from a severe infection after going to hospital on Thursday following complications to a shoulder injury.

Parfitt's musical partnership with Francis Rossi, which spanned five decades, made Status Quo one of British rock's most enduring acts.

He had been due to launch a solo career with an album and autobiography planned for 2017.

The musician had suffered a series of health problems including having to undergo a quadruple heart bypass in 1997.

In October, he said he would no longer be performing with his band after suffering from a heart attack in the summer.

Parfitt is survived by his wife Lyndsay, their twins Tommy and Lily and his adult children Rick Jnr and Harry, a statement from the family said.

Rick Jnr tweeted: "I cannot describe the sadness I feel right now. To many he was a rock star, to me he was simply 'Dad', and I loved him hugely. RIP Pappa Parf."

Founder of Band Aid, Midge Ure, tweeted: "Dreadfully sad. Lovely man. Thoughts go out to his family and friends."

Online Cardiff Blue

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 05:31:04 PM »
Rick Parfitt this year, and it was Lemmy this time last year - all my rock heroes sadly passing away one by one :(