News

Otamendi scores the winner as City win 2-1 at  the  swamp  :  Next game Wednesday  13th December   Swansea (A)   8 PM 

Topic: City v Arsenal FA Cup  (Read 1427 times)

Online Moon

City v Arsenal FA Cup
« on: April 20, 2017, 07:20:11 PM »
City v Arsenal FA Cup Semi Final  kick off 3 PM  Sunday 23rd April

Come on City 

Offline Chippy_Tea

Re: City v Arsenal FA Cup
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 03:47:59 PM »

We must be the unluckiest club in the PL VK back now Stones out again.

TEAM NEWS

Arsenal must face Manchester City on Sunday without injured quintet Shkodran Mustafi, Danny Welbeck, Lucas Perez, David Ospina and Santi Cazorla.

Manager Arsene Wenger could keep the three-man defence he used for Monday's league win at Middlesbrough.

Manchester City forward Gabriel Jesus is included in the squad, only 10 weeks after breaking a bone in his foot.

John Stones has failed to recover from the muscle injury that ruled him out of last week's game at Southampton.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 03:50:02 PM by Chippy_Tea »

Offline SALFORD BLUE

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 08:26:27 PM »
At least Danny wellshit ain't playing. Had horrific visions of him bagging a late winner

Offline Troutman

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 12:18:51 AM »
At least Danny wellshit ain't playing. Had horrific visions of him bagging a late winner
😄

Offline Chippy_Tea

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 02:28:39 PM »
5live were discussing the game earlier and they think we will win,  not something you hear every day.

Offline ob

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 08:26:21 AM »
3-1 City - gutted I can't go

Offline Chippy_Tea

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 05:35:14 PM »
Screwed by bad decisions again oh well typical City.  ::)

Offline Troutman

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 06:40:20 PM »
Bad decisions on our penalty shouts, bothe were pens as was Arsenal's and we had a good goal chalked off, the ball didn't go out of play. Thought reflet a few things go early on and should have booked at least 3 Arsenal playes. Good tactic to kick lumps out of Silva and Aguero , both succumbing to knocks.
After all that though it was a typical performance from us and i don't know why Navaz is being picked in front of Zabaletta. Navaz has got pace and works hard but he aint good enough. A poor end to a poor season and Pep has fuck all to show for all the hype.
I don't want 'who'd believe it brigade'to lump on and say we should be thankful. We're well past that era and have spent millionsand should be doing a lot better than we are. Sold a dream waiting for the great Pep and so far both Pellegrini and Mancini are showing just what good managers they were for us

Offline Derbyshire Blue

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 09:35:02 PM »
Don't create enough, therefore we don't score enough. Arsenal did their job on Silva, had a go at Sergio and it affected us. Pissed off about today, and Guardiola better get it right next season or he's a goner.

Offline Derbyshire Blue

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 09:37:48 PM »
I feel bad for continually slating Pellers last season, he's making Guardiola look a rank amateur at present. How can this be happening?.

Offline ob

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 08:37:57 AM »
Kicked Silva and Aguero out of the game, hit woodwork twice, good goal disallowed, think we tired very quickly especially Sane

Offline Troutman

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 09:24:41 AM »
Kicked Silva and Aguero out of the game, hit woodwork twice, good goal disallowed, think we tired very quickly especially Sane
Agree ob. Sane didnt have any of his pace in latter stages of second half. First half all our pressing was down our right with Navas and i think we did quite well. Second half it was via Clichy mainly and it didnt work as well and Ox Chamberline pegged us back and took advantage of space left. Should have switched it back , as their first goal came from a good break on our left. Once Silva went off we were struggling, but de bruyne and Toure did well. To be fair we could have won but lady luck and officials were poor. Although we had a fair share of fouls committed, more arsenal players should have been booked early on

Online Moon

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 10:58:08 AM »
Just seen replay of disallowed goal for first time   and  very hard to call  though just in

Took too long to get a shot in again like most of the season

wasn't sure if foul for their winner was fair but we should have defended that much better

forgot all about the 4th sub rule  and thought had they forgot Silva going  off 

Crap getting out of the ground again don't think they thought about crowd safety too much when redesigning the ground

Offline Chippy_Tea

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 10:58:36 AM »
I feel bad for continually slating Pellers last season, he's making Guardiola look a rank amateur at present. How can this be happening?.

Injuries  ::)

Offline Troutman

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 11:19:25 AM »

Injuries  ::)

Not many people realised that Pellers was a God - but i did. Also the best Dad i could have wished for 😄

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 11:28:48 AM by Chippy_Tea »