News

City lose their first domestic game of the season 4-3 at Liverpool : Next game Saturday 20th January 5.30PM Newcasle Live on BT (H) 

Topic: mcfc memorial lets not forget past blues  (Read 3621 times)

Offline eddiemcfcsparrow

mcfc memorial lets not forget past blues
« on: January 03, 2016, 01:24:41 PM »
On the 8th febuary 2014 i decided to set up a face book page called  " Mcfc lets not forget past blues " dedicated to city supporters that are no longer with us so much is written or shown on social media about players and managment who had an association with our great cub when they pass away and rightly so but for the life long blue who sadly leaves us only family and friends or those who sat next to them at Maine rd or the Etihad remember them. My own journey supporting this great club started in august 1967 against Liverpool and still to this day i attend 99% of all home games and some away games flying in from Majorca where i moved to six years ago. My season card is in the south stand lower and as soon as i arrive at the ground my first stop is the memorial garden where both my mum and dads ashes are scattered both blues my dad being the reason for my love of our club for me  going to the memorial garden is an ideal opportunity to be near both of them at my second home .  I set the memorial site up with a post and a picture about my parentsand as we near its second year on face book it now has over 6,400 members and over 700 blues that have now passed on have been rememberd on it , i get private messages or phone calls 24/7 from around the world asking to either join or add sadly another blue that has passed on sometimes within hours of their passing many blues post comments daily and send pictures for the page. The site has taken off so much i get asked how i can help having a loved ones ashes spread in the memorial garden on where blues can get wreaths in city colours to even trying to get city hearses and headstones with mcfc on over the two years i have organised two memorial services both held in the memorial garden with the help of the club chaplain Peter Horlock both very well attended by the members of the site the last on the 6th dec last year where a choir attended many tears were shed if i an honest. As the page has evolved i now allow blues to post asking if anyone who be intrested sponsering them during a charity avent that they are trying to raise funds for such as  Macmillan cancer or maybe a health Organization that has helped them during a family illness and i know from the feed back i get back it has helped raise funds so far. I am also are in the process of having badges and mugs being produced based on the memorial site that will be sold with all the profits gained going to charity. I am also taking on the task of writing a book based on the City supporters no longer with us that are mentioned within the page i have so many stories now down on my memory stick that have been sent to me and so many people asking when it will be finished as they want a copy. The biggest project to come out of all of this... is at this very moment a 5ft x 2ft piece of Indian granite is on its way to the uk  ( donated by Majestic memorials who are both massive blues) where it will be worked on by a stone mason and end up a being a lasting memory to our past blues its going to be erected near the Etihad for blues to visit on match days .We did ask the club if it could be placed in the memorial garden on a couple of occasions but both requests were turned down i respect that ..so many blues stop me not just at the Etihad but at away games and even in the street when im in manchester and thank me for helping them after losing a loved one its very humbling for me its such a honour to know that less than two years ago this started with one pic and a post now the "Mcfc memorial lets not forget past blues " face book page is followed around the world below are a number of pics of the names and pictures of those now not with us that are rememberd i am the blue stood by the memorial garden in my shirt also some pics from the memorial service held this last dec..   If any blues want a loved one rememberd on there please contact me by email or on face book at eddie mcfc sparrow

Offline Derbyshire Blue

Re: mcfc memorial lets not forget past blues
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 02:37:00 PM »
Great thought fellow Blue, but could you use paragraphs next time please mate. ;).

Offline Troutman

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 03:52:39 PM »
Great thought Eddie, who gives a fuck about paragraphs. Fuckwit

Offline Moon

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 03:53:47 PM »
I follow your page on Facebook and its a superb site for people to remember Blues no longer with us
Thanks Eddie

Offline ob

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 04:00:19 PM »
You do great work Eddie which is appreciated by so many

Offline cyberblue

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 08:44:27 PM »
Well done

Offline Derbyshire Blue

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 09:22:26 PM »
Great thought Eddie, who gives a fuck about paragraphs. Fuckwit
Just makes it easier to read that's all. Like I said it's a brilliant thought from the lad.

Offline stevenryals

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 01:41:10 AM »
I "like" your page on fb mate. Keep it up. It's a good cause.

Offline Moon

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 11:18:15 AM »
Thought this deserved its own section

Eddie is doing a fantastic job and from what I read is helping bring a little comfort for many Blues  who  have  lost loved ones.

Well  done Eddie